Thursday, August 14, 2008

Two books I recommend to LA bound Kendra

Here are two books I recommend to my friend Kendra. We had coffee at Caribou at 17th and L this morning, and while she is going to LA ostensibly to edit, during our conversation it became clear to me that she also has a future in producing. (Right Kendra?)

The first one is from Jane Hamsher. She produced, with her partner, "Natural Born Killers". Her book is very informative. Jane has since gone on to become at liberal blogger, she can be found here.



The second one is "Hello, He Lied" from Lynda Obst who currently has a prodco at Paramount. Lynda has produced little art house movies like "Sleepless in Seattle," "Contact," and "The Fisher King." I read this book once every couple of years. It's amazing. I'd also recommend you check out here prodco website as there are real links to resources for the LA bound filmmaker.






No comments: